If you’re like most pet owners, you want what’s best for your furry friend. That’s why it’s important to choose the right walkie talkie dog collar for them.
There are many different types of collars on the market, so it can be difficult to decide which one is right for your pet.
In this blog post, we will discuss the different types of walkie talkie dog collars and how to choose the best one for your pet. We’ll also provide some tips on using a walkie talkie dog collar safely and effectively.
What is a walkie talkie dog collar?
- 500 YARD RANGE: e-collar that can support training up to 3 dogs with the same remote with purchase of additional collars (SDR-AXS). For dogs 8 pounds or larger with neck sizes 5" - 22"..Product Dimensions : Receiver without strap - 2.60"L X 1.30"W 1.23"D., Remote Transmitter with antenna - 5.30"L X 1.70"W X 1.00" D
A walkie talkie dog collar is a two-way radio that can be used to communicate with your pet. By using a walkie-talkie, you and your dog will be able to communicate better. Sometimes they include an integrated shock collar- which is another method of dog training.
Uses for training
One of the most popular uses for walkie talkie dog collars is training. Dogs can be trained to respond to commands using a walkie talkie dog collar.
This type of collar can also be used to teach tricks or behaviors. Say your dog is digging up your garden, simply say “no” into the walkie talkie and give them a slight shock. This will help them associate the behavior with the negative consequences and stop doing it.
Or maybe your dog is out in the yard, sees another dog passing by, and starts barking. You can use the walkie talkie to tell them to be quiet and give them a shock if they don’t comply.
Some of the ones with integrated shocks/vibrations can be customized with different levels. So, you can start with a lower level for small infractions and work your way up if the dog isn’t responding to the lower levels.
Another reason to use a walkie talkie dog collar is for safety. If your dog gets lost, you can use the walkie talkie to call their dog or even ask someone for help if they are in need of assistance.
How to choose a walkie talkie dog collar
When choosing a walkie talkie dog collar, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, consider the size of your dog. You’ll want to make sure the collar is comfortable for them to wear and that it fits snugly.
It’s also important to consider the range of the walkie talkie dog collar. If you plan on using it for training, you’ll want a collar with a longer range. However, if you’re just using it for safety, a shorter range may be sufficient.
Tips for using a walkie talkie dog collar
Now that you know more about walkie talkie dog collars and how to choose the best one for your pet, let’s discuss some tips for using it safely and effectively.
- First, make sure you read the instructions that come with the walkie talkie dog collar. This will ensure you’re using it correctly and not accidentally hurting your pet.
- Second, start with short training sessions and gradually increase the length of time as your pet gets used to the walkie talkie dog collar.
- Third, keep the volume at a level that is comfortable for your pet. You don’t want to startle them with a loud noise.
- Fourth, only use the walkie talkie dog collar when necessary. If you use it too often, your pet may become desensitized to the commands or signals you’re trying to communicate.
- You don’t always need to use the shock, just use the voice command to be gentler on your pet
- Have realistic expectations for training. It will take time and patience to train your pet with a walkie talkie
- Finally, have fun! Training your pet with a walkie talkie dog collar can be a fun and rewarding experience for both of you.
VS Shock Collars
Shock collars, also known as dog training collars, are collars that are used to discipline dogs.
They deliver an electric shock to the dog when they misbehave. While these types of collars can be effective, they can also be dangerous if not used properly. If you’re considering using a shock collar on your dog, it’s important to consult with a professional trainer first.
As we have seen, a lot of these walkie talkie dog colors come with integrated shock collars.
We hope this blog post has been helpful in choosing the best walkie talkie dog collar for your pet. If you have any questions or would like to share your own tips, please leave a comment below. Also- learn some lingo to really get fancy and assign some code names! Thanks for reading!