- No, as of 9/21, Samsung watches can’t communicate with Apple watches via their respective, native walkie talkie apps
- You can try using Zello, a popular 3rd party walkie talkie app available for both Samsung and Apple watches
- Digging deeper, the Samsung Watch’s Walkie Talkie app is really limited at this point- it’s restricted to Samsung watches, and on top of that it’s only available on the Galaxy Watch4 and Watch4 classic
- So if you know a bunch of other Samsung-obsessed people at home or work- it can work for you, otherwise we’re still relying on 3rd party apps if you’re trying to communicate between Samsung and Apple watches
- Learn how to work the Walkie Talkie app on Apple Watch
Watches have come a long way since the days of telling time. With the advent of smartwatches, not only can you tell time, but you can also use them to track fitness goals, monitor heart rate, and even make phone calls.
But what if you want to communicate with someone who also has a smartwatch? Can you do that through your watch?
It turns out that you can. Both the Samsung Galaxy Watch and the Apple Watch can communicate via walkie-talkie.
All you need is to have both watches paired with your phone, and then you can start talking to each other just like you would on a regular walkie-talkie- check out the best walkie talkies if you’re hankering for a real-world alternative to this digital stuff!
How to do it: Step by step guide
- step 1: Make sure both watches are paired with your phone.
- step 2: Open the Walkie-Talkie app on both watches.
- step 3: Tap on the contact you want to talk to.
- step 4: Hold down the talk button and start talking!
Do I need to have my phone with me to use the walkie-talkie feature on my smartwatch?
You do not need to have your phone with you to use the walkie-talkie feature. As long as both watches are paired with your phone, you will be able to communicate with the other person.
Can I use the walkie-talkie feature to communicate with people who do not have a smartwatch?
No, the walkie-talkie feature can only communicate with other people who have a smartwatch. That said, other apps allow you to communicate with people who do not have a smartwatch, such as Voxer or Zello.
What if I don’t want to use my voice to talk to someone? Can I still use the walkie-talkie feature?
Yes! You can type messages to the other person if you don’t want to use your voice. Just open up the Walkie-Talkie app, tap on the contact you want to talk to, and then type your message in the text box. The other person will receive your message just like they would a regular text.
Will I hear the other person if I am not near my phone?
Yes, you will be able to hear the other person as long as you are within range of your phone. The walkie-talkie feature uses your phone’s data connection to work, so as long as you are connected to your phone, you will be able to hear the other person.
I’m having trouble connecting to the other person. What can I do?
There are a few things you can try if you’re having trouble connecting to the other person:
- Make sure that both watches are paired with your phone.
- Make sure that you are within range of your phone.
- Make sure that the other person is also within range of their phone.
- Try restarting the Walkie-Talkie app on both watches.
- Try restarting your phone.
If you’re still having trouble connecting, you can try using a different walkie-talkie app, such as Voxer or Zello.
So, if you have a Samsung Galaxy Watch and an Apple Watch, don’t worry – you can still communicate with each other! Just make sure both watches are paired with your phone, open the Walkie-Talkie app, and start talking. It’s that easy.